Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Halloween: Flashbacks to when Mom made me wear longjohns under my princess costume


We knew very little about McMurdo and what to expect of our new jobs prior to arriving.  The only sure thing was Halloween was a BIG deal.  So much so, that on the “Things to Bring” list, Halloween costume was number one. 

This is what we conjured: 
Oh, just another Narwhal sneak attack on an unsuspecting Unicorn...


About 2 weeks prior to Halloween, Travis, the lead janitor and station hip hop choreographer, gathered people for the Hip Hop Dance Crew .  I think I can safely say it is the ONLY hip hop dance crew on the continent and I couldn't turn down the chance to join.  He taught us the choreography to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” dance so we could flash mob the Halloween party that the rec department was throwing.   We all dressed like zombies.  Since zombies scare the living bejezus out of me, I was a zombie unicorn. 


"THRILLER"
Halloween Party in the Big Gym
McMurdo's Hip Hop Dance Crew



1 comment:

  1. You so have to teach us the Thriller dance moves! Always wanted to learn!

    ReplyDelete